You want to sell your Stockton house, and you want to get top dollar.
But “What do I need to do to sell my house in Stockton“?
One of the first questions you should ask before getting your home listed or contacting a real estate agent is “What do I need to do to sell my house in Stockton“? Don’t go in blind. Make sure you know all of your options ahead of time, that way you get the best price on the best timeline for your circumstances.
If you don’t have the time or money to do the things below, don’t worry. You can still sell your Stockton house fast by contacting us at MCB Homes Inc. Just fill out the form to see if your property qualifies for a fast, fair all-cash offer.
That said, here are a few things you need to do to sell your house in Stockton CA:
Your Home Selling To-Do List
- Clean it up! Potential buyers are very picky when they tour homes, so you need to keep your home in perfect shape. If you’re still living there while you’re trying to sell it but don’t have the time for a deep clean, investing in a cleaning service can be a great idea. This isn’t a tip as much as it is a requirement – you want your home to be as clean and inviting as possible when your potential buyers give it a tour.
- Go for Neutral and Stylish: Your home will probably benefit from a re-design. Even though you and your family find your home beautiful, you want to create a blank canvas so your potential buyer can imagine where all of their things would go. It’s uncomfortable walking into a lived-in feeling home. It feels intrusive, and often tastes don’t match up. Consider hiring an expert to help you stage and paint your interior – and exterior. This will attract a lot more offers.
- Make Repairs: It might feel like a fruitless investment to buy a brand new washing machine or refrigerator right before you leave your home, but your buyers will really appreciate it. When it comes to making repairs to the home, fix everything. Don’t hope that the buyer won’t notice an issue – they will. Don’t let anyone accuse you of fraud. Make sure you comply with all the laws and hire a home inspector to make things official. Having a bill of health to hand your buyers can really pull in new offers.
- Limit Home Improvements: That said, you don’t want to over-improve your home. It might seem like the more the better, but it could work against you. Don’t pay for too many frills that will just eat away at your return – or turn some buyers away. Keep things simple and attractive and the buyers will come.
- Go to the Experts: Always get an expert opinion. Maybe you need to track down some great real estate brokers to find the right asking price or hire a stager or home inspector to tie your home together and get it market-ready. If you can afford it, do it. It can make a huge difference.
- Get a Marketing Plan: It’ll take a while if you do this from scratch, and there’s no guarantee you’ll create the optimal plan, so reach out to a real estate broker for help marketing your home.
- Get a Cash Offer. We buy houses all over the Stockton area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff. Don’t wait for months and pour money into your home. Just contact us for a quick cash offer (We close in as little as 7 days).
Don’t Have the Time for This But Still Want To Sell Your Stockton CA House Fast?
We get it. If you want to cover all of your bases and list your home on the market, you need a lot of time and a lot of money. Not everyone has the luxury to afford that. Instead of spending thousands on your home and then waiting 3-9 months to get a serious offer, reach out to a local Stockton house buying service, like MCB Homes Inc. Once you submit some basic info about your house, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer.
There’s no obligation and no fee. If you like our offer, we can close FAST (often within 7 days). So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in Stockton”, now you have 2 solid options: Fix the property up to sell at top dollar or let us do all the hard work and get on with your life now. If you need to sell a property near Stockton, let us help! We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast. We’d like to make you a fair offer on your Stockton house.
We can help you strategize how to sell your Stockton CA house fast. Give us a call at (209) 743-0602 for help selling your house fast or fill out the form to see if your property qualifies for a fast, fair all-cash offer.