Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination, patience, and budgeting. We get local Stockton home sellers calling us or submitting their house info here every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Stockton“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Stockton CA right now!).
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change. So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
What do I do? I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Stockton
Calm Down and Get Organized
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Stockton, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out. So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Stockton CA house fast?
“What are my options if I’m relocating and need to sell my house fast In Stockton?”
- Get a number: Figure out what you can sell your home for. It’s best to get in touch with a great real estate agent for this. Or you can get in touch with us and we’ll give you a no cost, no obligation valuation on your property. Knowing what you can expect from your home in the current market is essential if you want to know how to market your home effectively.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This one is huge. We’ve seen people move out of state for a job, but they weren’t able to sell their Stockton home for over a year. They ended up listing it at a horrible price to get rid of it. That’s a horrible scenario, especially when you realize how much they paid in mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc. Get yourself a timeline and do everything you can to meet it — even if you need to take an all-cash, fast offer from a house buying company.
- Find a solid real estate agent: No need to waste any time here — go find a reputable real estate agent and list your home as soon as possible. If you’re using the traditional house selling method then ever day counts. Not only can the market change, but every month you hold onto your home is also an unnecessary cash sink. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all-cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started.
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).
Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “nonequity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyer’s agent and 3% for the seller’s agent). Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.
But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (let’s say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
Take action now: If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Stockton CA agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers. In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank. We love helping people solve complicated problems. Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is MCB Homes Inc. And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Stockton?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Stockton home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Stockton community. We’re honest and straightforward. We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash. If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
“I’m relocating and need to sell my house!” No problem! We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Stockton real estate, so please feel free to call us at (209) 743-0602 and chat with us anytime.