Do you know those billboards that say “We buy Stockton houses!” or “Cash for Your House”? They’re often put out by local house buying companies. Selling your property to one of these companies can be a great alternative to using the traditional method of hiring a real estate agent to list it for you, but only if the company is honest. And that begs the question…
Are “We Buy Houses in Stockton” Companies Credible?
How do you know if house buying companies out there are honest and credible? Looks can be deceiving. Just because a company has a nice-looking website and a few great testimonials on the front page doesn’t mean it’s an honest business. That’s why we’re going to walk you through a few ways to see if your “we buy houses in Stockton” company is credible.
Overall, buying and selling houses is a respectful business that improves communities and gives people the homes that they grow up in. But there are always a few rotten eggs the make the whole batch look bad. We want you to avoid shady buyers so you can get an honest offer on your home and move on with yourself proud of your decisions. First, let’s cover what the best house-flippers are doing.
What Reputable Stockton House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping homeowners by giving them fair all-cash offers so they can escape difficult situations or relocate faster. House buying companies, like us at MCB Homes Inc., can close a deal in as little as 7 days compared to the 3 – 6 month waiting period you can expect in the market.
- Taking the burden by buying homes in as-is condition. That means the homeowner doesn’t have to worry about costly repairs and renovations to get the housing market-ready. We handle all of that on our own watch, that way the seller doesn’t have to cover any more mortgage payments when they wait for a sale.
- Creating local jobs by hiring plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators, and many other folks along the way is a practice we’re proud of at MCB Homes Inc. Not only do we buy houses in Stockton, but an average real estate transaction for us involves 86 people, so our investments help create real jobs for people around Stockton CA.
- Buying US products We spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers, and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of Stockton neighborhoods. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. Not only do we buy houses in Stockton CA, but we often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens Stockton.
- Increasing the tax base: When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets, and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
How to Ensure You’re Working with a Reputable Local House Buyer
First, make sure they’re the real deal by asking questions. When you start talking to a house buyer, ask them a few of these questions. This will let you gauge their skill set, knowledge, and honesty.
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, see if they use any of these shady tactics to nab your business:
- Kitchen Table Closings: If the house buyer tries to get you to sign the deed of your home over to them while inside your house, be cautious. Reputable house buying companies close in a professional setting like a closing attorney or title company.
- Pressure to Close Quick: If a house buyer gives you a short timeline to hear back from you, be wary. Most reputable buyers make you an offer – and keep the offer on the table for a few days minimum while you make your decision. Why do any buyers use deadlines? The market changes every week, so new offers will be made when necessary. But that’s very different from a shady buyer pressuring your to sell now or never. Most of the people who do this are scamming you. We buy houses in Stockton honestly.
Interested in selling? We buy houses in Stockton CA! Give us a call at (209) 743-0602 for help selling your house fast or fill out the form to see if your property qualifies for a fast, fair all-cash offer.